► Panel discussion: The new normal: protecting the seas and their coral reefs in Thailand
18.30– 20.00 | the conference is in English and will be followed by a cocktail – Free upon registration
- Moderated by Dr. Petch MANOPAWITR a Thai conservation scientist with 20 years of experience in biodiversity research, protected area management and conservation science training.
• Dr. Suchana Apple CHAVANICH, Ph.D.Associate Professor, Chulalongkorn University, Reef Biology Research Group, Department of Marine Science, their research group has long been working on coral conservation and restoration and have a frontier research on techniques for coral cultivation.
• Khun Tunnie SRISAKULCHAIRAK, Program Management Officer, Asia Pacific Region, UN Environment Program focused on waste management
• Dr. Christine CABASSET, a geographer trained in Sorbonne University (Paris) in territory planning, in charge of the research axis on Societies, Environment and Climate Change for IRASEC (French Research Institute on Contemporary Southeast Asia). One of her current research topics is about territorial governance in which tourism’s, sustainable development, and social cohesion, focusing on coastal areas & islands
• Khun Sirachai (Shin) ARUNRUGSTICHAI is a Thai conservation photojournalist, specialized in marine conservation issues. He is an Emerging League of the International League of Conservation Photographers, a talent of 6x6 Global Talent Program of World Press Photo Foundation and a National Geographic Explorer. As a freelancer, he mainly works on assignment for National Geographic Magazine (Thai edition) and several conservation organizations.
• Mr. David MARTIN, French national and professional diving instructor, Marine environmental consultant for hotels, resorts & yacht owners, Underwater cameraman & documentary film maker, founder of Kanaloa Nature & Films, Shark behaviour specialist and advocate for their protection and conservation.
► Exhibitions – Opening at 20.00 – Main Hall and Foyer (3rd floor) - Free upon registration
The exhibitions will be on display from September 24th to October 12th
• “Journey to the heart of the coral reefs” by the French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRASEC)
• “The truth from two seas” by award winning conservation photojournalist and marine biologist, Mr. Sirachai (Shin) Arunrugstichai
► Virtual Reality experience: Aqua (Wild Immersion) – Main Hall – free access from 17.00 to 21.00
12 min, directed by Adrien Moisson and Raphael Aupy, FR
Wild Immersion is the world’s 1st Virtual Nature Reserve. An immersive journey into wildlife!
With Aqua, dive into the sea and watch colorful tropical fishes, peaceful sea turtles, impressive sharks and various species of whales.